Early Learners (Ages 4-6)
How old do you have to be before you can hear a story and believe it? Studies are showing that we form many of our religious beliefs before the age of nine. We want to start teaching children who God is as early as possible. The Word of Life Gopher Buddies program is specifically designed to help in the task of imparting the foundational truths of Scripture to children with creativity and clarity. To enable children to know, understand, and obey Scripture, the Gopher Buddies program is built upon the solid foundation of God's Word.
Thirty-six lessons have been designed to teach early learners foundational truths of Scripture and key character traits. The Bible lessons combined with daily Bible reading (quiet time), Scripture memory, books read to the children, and faithfulness in church will help children begin to learn what they believe which will affect who they become.
Each year’s curriculum will cover six foundational biblical truths (24 lessons), four character trait studies (8 lessons), along with four holiday and theme night lessons. Each lesson is written to speak to the heart of a child. Some adaptations are suggested for small groups, large groups, and children with special needs.
NEW FOR 2012-13... SUMMER SERIES
While most churches choose to run a nine-month program using the initial 36 lessons, there are some who prefer to meet throughout the summer months. For those groups, we have added a 12-week summer series to the Gopher Buddies Bible study. These lessons are grouped into six modules, with two lessons per
module, and follow the same familiar teaching format. Because attendance in the summer months may be somewhat irregular, each summer lesson is designed to stand on its own. Additionally, many of the lessons are written so that the activities lend themselves to utilizing outdoor space for even more summer fun.
The awards program has been expanded to include more stickers for the summer months to keep children on-track and encouraged.
No matter how many of the 48 lessons you use, this expanded program is sure to help your Gopher Buddies “Dig Deeper into God’s Word.”
But wait there's more...
Along with the 48 lessons, the curriculum also includes:
- Instant, internet access to your lessons (downloadable in MSWord or PDF format).
- Access to our online community of hundreds of other teachers from around the country where resources, ideas, and tools can be shared. It's called TeacherSource.
All of this for $279 per year. You're thinking, "Wow, that's some really great value." We think so too. But curriculum is like the proverbial tip of the iceberg:
- We're committed to a Biblical model of discipleship, so we'll give you training to help your leaders get into students' lives and help them grow in their relationship with God.
- The Quiet Time daily devotional journal covers the whole Bible every 6 years. Everyone from a preschooler to an adult reads from the same passage every day building a unique, intergenerational unity. For children, there are pictures and fill-in-the-blanks while the adults have extended commentary on each passage with questions to help with application. Click here to check out an introductory version.
- We'll give you tools to help your students spend daily time in the Word, memorize scripture, and start serving God right now, where they are.
- We'll help you reach your community through local outreach events put on entirely by your church.
- We're committed to your success. We have experienced youth ministry consultants all over the country that will work with your church to develop a ministry that is vibrant and growing. These men will come alongside you to encourage you, serve you, and spur you on.